Wednesday, May 9, 2018

journal

May 9- May 16

In my distress I called to the Lord I cried to my God for help. From  His temple He heard my twice my cry came before Him into His ears. You're at a crowded concert. The auditorium is filled with shouting screaming fans Music blares but the audience is so loud it can barely be heard. You are with a friend who is standing right next to you. Every effort to talk with her is lost in the noise of the crowd She can't hear a word you say. Does it sometimes feel like God can't hear your voice Maybe you think He's too far away or He's busy listening to other people prayers. Whatever it is you don't feel like He hears you The Psalms are filled with reminders that when we call out to God for Help He does hear. He hears and He cares He will answer. Dear God I  want to believe that You hear my prayers and that You will answer them. Please help more and more Amen.In my distress I called to the Lord and He answered me. From the depths of grave I called for help and You listened to my cry. Good old Jonah God asked him to do a simple job He refused and hid from God who wasn't fooled at all Jonah ended up in the belly of a big fish. But he wasn't digested as lunch for the swimming hotel He sat there for three days and got to think about his bad choice. Of course he came to senses and cried out to God to save him. God did The fish spit Jonah out and he will forgive your bad choices so what are you waiting for. Dear God please forgive my bad choices and help me now to make better ones Give me strength Amen.

No comments: