Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On Monday, I remember that God is my King and I am his ambassador.

22(A) To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak.(B) I have become all things to all people, that(C) by all means I might save some.” (1 Corinthians 9:22)

1. God calls us to be his ambassadors in this world.

2. Our calling may require that we do or be whatever it takes to reach out to other people.

3. The point of our reaching out is that they might be saved like we have been.

God calls us. When we really understand that, we will see major shifts happening in our lives. As C.S. Lewis put it in Mere Christianity, we might see the changes happening as in a house getting some work done on it. Next thing we know, a whole room is getting demolished, then another. Then the house is getting rebuilt and is becoming quite a palace compared to what was there before.

What does becoming all things to all people mean? In Paul’s case, it meant a radical departure from his former way of life. The departure was up to God, not Paul. So, too, with us. God is calling. And he is waiting for our cooperation with the call. Follow—become his ambassadors in the circumstances where you find yourself right now. For the purpose that some might be saved by his gospel.

--Charlie

No comments: