Monday, January 18, 2010

Here am I! Send me.

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me.'" (Isaiah 6:8)

God puts out his call to service to all of his people. It's the same call to everyone: "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"

He has already made the call. All of us who have given our lives to him have heard it. Now, it's up to us, like Isaiah, to respond. Of course, Isaiah had particular circumstances and abilities. He worked it out in his unique way. Yours will be different. But you don't need to wait for the call. God has already made it. Ours is only to say "Here am I! Send me."

1. In what ways have you already responded to God's call to go into the world and be his ambassador?

2. What does your response look like? Think about specific ways in which you are responding to God's call to represent him in this world?

3. If you don't think you have really responded, what steps could you take? What would your "Here am I! Send me" look like one year from now?

-- Charlie

No comments: