Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God My Redeemer

Wednesday is the day of the week when I focus on God my Redeemer.

"Is My hand shortened at all That it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver?" (Isaiah 50:2)

"And the redeemed of the LORD shall return, And come to Zion with singing, With everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, And sorrow and sighing shall flee away." (Isaiah 35:10).

On Tuesday, I remember that God judges sin. I am accountable for my sin and must confess it.

But on Wednesday, I remember that God is my redeemer. He has executed his privilege to buy me out of slavery to sin by forgiving me. He can forgive, and still be just, by the fact that Jesus paid the price for my sin instead of me.

These passages in Isaiah remind me that God, from the beginning, has proclaimed himself to be a redeemer of helpless sinners. In these passages, he reflects delight in doing so. I don’t need to beg or feel ashamed. He knows my helplessness and need of a powerful, strong hand reaching out to me and pulling me in to himself.

Praise him!

-- Charlie

No comments: